Sunday, June 7, 2009

Semi-Charmed Life

That's right, I'm referencing probably the most catchy, worst content-filled, amazing and horrible song by the awesome band Third Eye Blind. I'm not saying that my life is all about doing Crystal Meth because I've never done a single drug in my life... wait... that was a lie. I was on 'roids once but they were prescribed. I almost died from poison ivy. haha that's a little known fact about me.

ANYway, I digress. My point for this post is that, to quote the song, "I want something else to get me through this." I've realized lately that my priorities are massively screwed up. I'm pursuing a lot of things before I'm pursuing God. Boo that. I don't want to have any idols... NOTHING is better than the whole-hearted pursuit of God and I don't know how I forgot that.

All I'm saying is, it's time to get my heart back in line and begin where I left off. It's all about God, it's all for Him. Refocusing time.

"He must INCREASE, but I must DECREASE."
-John 3:30



Ummm... this is a hilarious remixed clip from old school DBZ. Again from Travis... He's full of youtube GOLD! =] I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. no lie, right before i signed into blogger i was thinking about how much i need to rebalance my life because lately, God's been getting second place.
    more twin ESP haha.
    and yes, as you can tell, i am still procrastinating (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not just YouTube gold, but media in general gold. Seriously though your post is very true, about my own self too.

    P.S. I also think it's funny that you are the only person I know that realizes that song has completely awful lyrics (though a really catchy/awesome beat)

    ReplyDelete