Thursday, March 25, 2010

Boom Goes the Dynamite

http://dismrepair08.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/more-disgruntled-thoughts-regarding-dating/

Read that.

Really, follow that link.

If you've ever thought about dating, especially in our culture where at my ripe old age of 19 I'm a weirdie for not having or even wanting a boyfriend, read that.

If you're in a relationship and want to know how those of us who are unattached feel all the time, read it.

My friend Jesse really hits the nail on the head here. Unbelievably.

Note: it isn't a woe is me kind of lamenting about singleness. It's a great perspective piece that I complete relate to.
READ IT!

1 comment:

  1. So...it's kind of awkward commenting on a blog when you live a few doors down from me...and you didn't even write the bulk of it...


    I feel like your friend Jesse has some good points. It's a "socially-acceptable" thing to date, and by nature we want to be socially accepted.

    But I feel like he missed one minority group of girls: the girls who would like to be in a relationship, but just keep bumping into the wrong ones along the way and subsequently shutting people out. (Maybe that's the group of "unavailable" girls, IDK). It was just a thought I felt like sharing because: 1. It's been on my mind A LOT since the age of 20, and 2. Being nearly 23 in Hispanic culture is like, 2-3 years away from old maid status. :/

    It's quite a story. I'll share it with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete