Friday, October 22, 2010

is this real life?

i feel like i'm too plugged in. i know it's lame and i opted into all of it, but i feel like all of the social networking sites i'm part of allow me to become anyone i wish to be. i can have one personality on facebook, a different (more emo screamo) personality on here, yet another one (more nerdy/goofy)on twitter, and still others on tumblr and last.fm.

i think it's interesting how different sides of angela manifest in different outlets. i'll bet money that it's because i know who sees each of these websites. i carefully monitor how i'm portraying myself based on who will see it. i'm no better than the average mask-wearing weenie.

i suppose the combination of all of those things is me... or maybe it's still not. hm, i'm on the verge of an existential crisis. oh well, i'll deal with it another day.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of felt this way for a while. With Facebook though, they have all those new handy security features, so if I don't want someone to see it I just hide it from them. I try not to censor myself; my mom can attest that I have a mouth just as foul as some of my Twitter updates, and that I'm just as talkative online as I am in real life. Maybe you should try not censoring yourself for a week and see how you feel about it then.

    ReplyDelete