Sunday, May 17, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Something I don't understand about myself is how I can be making so much progress and have my heart set in exactly the right place for growth then all of a sudden totally slip back into old habits. Ugh, I HATE that.

My past few days have been BEYOND amazing! God has been revealing himself to me in a ton of really cool ways and I've been in the best of moods because I know for certain I'm living in God's will right now. But then, just like that, I made a poor choice that I know didn't make God smile at all and I feel so unworthy all over again. GAH! It's intensely frustrating!!!

I prayed about it and I just told God that I don't even understand myself... I swear, Romans 7 is like my life. I don't understand the things that I do, I do the very thing that I hate and I don't do the things that I want to do! STUPID FLESH! I know that God loves me despite my screw ups and I know that He'll always take me back; for that I am eternally, unspeakably grateful. It's just self-sabotage, Satan doesn't want me making any kind of progress in my relationship with God and will have me do anything to get knocked back a few notches. I'm sick of letting him win those battles!!!!!!!

Oh goodness, I need prayer.


Well today's lovely video is called "Start Wearing Purple" by Gogol Bordello. Seriously, look into this band, they are amazing.
I also realized that I didn't include a video on the last post, soooo here's one! It's darn funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment