Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Change of Season.

Plans fall to pieces a lot and I learned that tonight in a lot of ways. The first time it happened was at room draw, the second was when something else really weird happened.

The ideal was for four of us to be suite-mates next year in the New Residence Building... Things got ALL kinds of crazy, and it was established that we'd leave it in God's hands how everything worked out. His plans are basically always better anyway. So what had happened was, I drew #1. That's right, I got to pick my room first. SCORE! Ricki and I got a flippin' sweet room and we were expecting everything to work according to our agenda; God however, had something else in mind...

We are on the same floor as Kelly and Amanda, but we're not suite-mates. Our suite-mates are these two awesome girls names Lauren and Jordan. It's NOT what I expected, but I am SO confident that it's going to work out in a great way. God is so good and faithful even when we can't begin to fathom His plans or the way He's working. I'm so pumped for this change of school year, residence, and lifestyle.

I'm not going to talk much about the other way that I saw plans falling to pieces today, but i WILL say that it kept me thinking about Ecclesiastes 3. Here's the King James Version:

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

It's been a recurring theme in my life lately that times are a-changin' and that it's perfectly naturally and in God's order for them to change.The season is changing both literally and figuratively... both are changing into something more warm and beautiful than before. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment