Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Change of Clothes.

I'm finally done with wearing that stupid, annoying pink button-down. I'm NOT hand washing my outfit anymore. I can do my hair and makeup again and I can wear jewelry! But yet, strangely I'll miss the sameness of this past week. I'll miss not worrying about how I look and I'll miss pretty much telling the world, "take me or leave me, here I am with the bare minimum".

After our Mt. Dew Thursday Bible study decided that wearing one outfit for the week would be a sweet way to see how much excess we live in, we were almost all on board for the challenge. I was determined to make the absolute most of this week... like I said, no done hair, no makeup, hand washing the outfit, even my shower shoes were sacrificed because they weren't the one pair that I chose for the week. I really wanted this to be an intense week of constant reminders that I am blessed beyond reason and that I have almost a responsibility to do everything I can to bless others in the name of God.

Now that I blow dried my hair, put lotion on, and am wearing a new set of PJs it all feels like... too much. I'm so thankful for all the choices that I have, but it feels like a waste to have so many choices. Overkill. I don't know, this is a hard thing to explain. I'll stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment