Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Philosophy and Basketball

One of my BFFs, Katie, and I decided that since we were watching a movie in philosophy today, we were going to treat ourselves to smoothies from Regula Cafe that are so scrumtrulescent you can barely move. She got peach mango and I got raspberry... both with a crap ton of whipped cream. Woot WOOT!

ANYway, she and I ended up getting to class about 15 minutes early which was cool because we had time to chat it up with some other early arrivals. So roughly ten minutes before class my friend Paul walks into the room and for no apparent reason other than that he's Paul, he yells "Screw the PO PO!" and knocks over a desk. He started busting up laughing and so did the rest of us because this dramatic act of civil disobedience was all an accident... I mean, he meant to say "screw the po po" (still for an unknown reason) but the desk thing was a total accident just with really funny timing.

9:00 tonight was the first intramural boys basketball game of the season! Ther were two games at 9 and two at 10... There are two teams that have "my boys" on them and luckily they weren't opposing each other though they both played tonight. Sadly, both my teams lost but they were great games. Our group of fans is TOTALLY making t-shirts. Get this: both of the teams use the color purple! (One is purple and black, the other is purple and orange... our shirts will be purple if you didn't already guess!) =]

I just realized that I haven't been including videos again... oops. So here are three goodies:
My friend Mike and some of his buddies made videos for two classic Journey songs, "Ask the Lonely" and "Stone in Love". They are really funny and somehow have generated a crap load of views for being a silly fun thing to do... Whatever, more power to you, guys!

Lastly, This is a great song by the Band Bedouin Soundclash... It's called "When the Night Feels My Song". Catchy and beautiful, it reminds me of the summer. =]

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of regula cafe, but you need to try Orange Julius, if you already haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you stayed busy in the 9 o'clock hr.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o my goodness i dont know ur mike friend but he's my favorite for making those videos... its kinda like me and abbys songs that are going to be hit youtube videos. (i almost wrote lol to make u mad) and i'm pumped for making those shirts!

    ReplyDelete