Friday, February 20, 2009

Aww Crap.

It happened again. I know there was something significant to blog about but I really can't remember what it was... Shoot. Give me a sec....

OH YEAH! Okay so this week was so BIPOLAR it hurt. Sunday, awesome day of hanging out and merriment. Intramurals out the wazoo were going on Sunday and we all know how much I live for those basketball games. So after the games were over, Ricki, Amanda, Brandon, and I went to McDonald's for some sustenance (before I continue, you should know that Ricki was driving a Mustang) and on the way there some putzy kids in the lane next to us revved their engine while we were at a stop light... The most epic street race ever ensued and even though it was AWESOME to SMOKE those clowns, we were right in the flipping middle of Canton. In retrospect it probably wasn't the brightest idea ever, but it was so much fun.

We got our food and headed back to campus to sit by the lit fireplace in the lounge of the girls' dorms and eat & fellowship. After a bit, Amanda left and John and Kelly came over to hang with us until midnight when the guys get kicked out. It was so fun having that time with all of them... I know it sounds so lame probably, but I really do cherish any quality time that I get to spend with my friends when we aren't stressed about classes, work, "Frickin Rachel," the upcoming track meet, or clinicals. So anyway, when 12 rolled around we all were like, "This is gay. We still want to hang out." So to remedy this situation, we hit up The Barn which is open until 4am for everyone. (Our friend Steve had his hammock strung up in the Barn... it was really fun to play around on. This has nothing to do with the rest of the story, it's just a fun fact.)

For you non-Maloners, there's this breed of people we like to refer to as "The Barneys." They are the ones who are ALWAYS at the barn, doing homework, hanging out, eating, sleeping, whatever... They leave at 4 when it closes and come back two hours later when it re-opens; they just love the barn. (*cough* Aaron Zorn *cough*) We wereshocked when we went to the Barn that Sunday evening that the regular Barney crowd wasn't there!!! After a mere hour and a half, Kelly, Ricki, Brandon, and I were the ONLY FOUR people in there! Seriously, guys, this DOESN'T happen. Man, we were living it up, too. Ricki and me were running around like crazy people and being so stupid. She jumped off the balcony to the main floor... Terrifying but awesome. At about 3 ish we started playing this game called MFK. (Thank you Brandon!) The game goes as follows, you're given a list of three names and you must Marry one, Kill one, and-- use your imagination for the F ;-). Oh My Gosh. This is the most hilarious game to play when you're tired... and not tired... it's really just the best all the time. We started with celebrities then moved to people on campus, but we agreed to not use anyone in our group of friends... that didn't work out so we said that we couldn't use anyone present. It was a hoot! (PS- now we play it with everything you can think of, we have perverted the game so much from it's original intent. For example: "A bowl of Lucky Charms, A great quality lead pencil, and an empty plastic cup. MFK.") We stayed in there playing MFK until the weird security guy came and told us it was time to go.

Monday morning Kelly, Brandon, and I went to breakfast then chapel and we all had classes after that so we split up, but I felt like it was a really good bonding experience for us. I'm very happy about it! Then Monday night I died when I got my flipping Astronomy test back. Eek. Not the grade I wanted. AND I MISSED THE LAST TWO FOR NO REASON! We used a scan-tron for the multiple choice and true & false questions... There was not a question number 38 at all on the test and I didn't skip that bubble so I had answers to 39 and 40 in the spots for 38 and 39. UGH! I could be all, "It's not my fault!" but I should have been paying closer attention to the fact that apparently the #38 didn't freaking exist.

Okay there's way more, but I'm getting tired and I really want to read... and you probably want me to stop rambling about my pointless life. Have a great day!

Today's favorite is not exactly a video, but it's SO funny. It's a paper called "Plains, Trains, and Plantains: The Story of Oedipus" Guys, this is NOT a joke. Again, I'm sorry if you're offended by language, but this is ridiculous... Someone actually turned this in for a college class. Oh man, there are 7 pages to it, and you really have to read it AND the comments from the teacher. Classic.

1 comment: