Monday, February 2, 2009

Tired as HECK

So there I was in bed this morning knowing full well that I had one more hour of blissful sleep before I had to get up to start my day when IT happened. My cell phone rang and like a total idiot I answered. On the other line was my friend Bob who, a few seconds into the exchange, made the astute observation that I sounded like I just woke up. "Yeah Bob," I replied, "I just woke up." He said, "Okay never mind." And HERE was my second fatal mistake: I responded, "No, it's okay, what do you need?" What a moron I am. Ugh. He needed to interview me for a speech he had to present at 11 this morning and wanted to meet me in the cafeteria in 10 minutes. *insert small whimper here.* So I rolled out of bed, got dressed, and brushed my teeth all begrudgingly. I was so ticked, he stole an HOUR of sleep! ANYway, I went to the cafeteria and we had our talk then I headed back to my room without any significant time to do anything but wait until chapel. (BTW, chapel today is where my favorite video comes from, it's so funny!)

After chapel I had to give a speech about Bob (yes, the very same one who stole my hour!!!) and it went really well even though I was nervous as crap. Then I went to lunch and had some beef fajita thing that was really tasty but would have been infinitely better with sour cream. Anyway, I digress... So I came back to my room with every intention to read for a bit then take a nap because my Monday evenings are absolutely ridiculous. Weeeelllllll, I got a little carried away with my book and ended up not having time to take a sufficient nap. Oops. I headed to Lit and tried not to fall asleep while our Bob Ross-look a like professor talked about poetry. Whe we were finally granted freedom, I mean, dismissed, I went to chat up Kelly for a few minutes before work.

The library was not helpful in my attempt at staying awake because it was really cozy warm in there and my supervisors kept talking about how it had been making them tired all day. Nice. So I got off work at 5:30 and was dreading my 6 pm astronomy class simply because I sit in the front and it would be very difficult to hide drooping eyelids... Somehow I made it through, but now I'm hungry due to lack of dinner and I'm trying to muster the energy to write a history paper. Blah.

All in all, I'd say it was a good day. Hahahaha. =]

Here's the video from chapel. It's possibly the number one reason why people hate Christians, and I think it's absolutely hilarious. Just because we are true to our God does NOT mean that life is actually like this for us. How hokey.

3 comments:

  1. aww that sucks.
    no one likes getting woken up in the morning.
    especially to an interview haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that happens to me all the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that happened to me yesterday...I'm sorry Ange :-( It was nice of you to do it though. I probably wouldn't have...oops!

    What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete